Friday, December 17, 2010

Open Zine

I haven't blogged at all this past week and this is due to the fact that we have been working on a magazine this week. I can just say right now that my magazine is short and horrible. I feel like I have spent most of this week being frustrated and wasting time. The first day went alright. I got my cover page done and I got some information for my first page. The next day is where everything went downhill. I couldn't log in for 30 mins! I only have 45 mins to work on my magazine and I spent more than half of it just trying to log in. After I logged in, it said I didn't have any magazines. I know I didn't publish it, but why wasn't it showing up on my works in progress section. So I started to work on another magazine and when class ended I saved it and hit save later. After I saved this one, my old one came back up in my works in progress. At this point I was ready to flip a table over, but I let it go and I was ready to work on it the next day. After I finished a page, I realized that you can only have a cover and ONE page. What kind of magazine has one page!? After all of my frustration I decided to give up because now my weeks worth of work is just a waste. I published my first one just so everyone can see what I have been working on, but I think I'm done with that site because I can't take the frustration. Back to blogging for me.

Magazine: http://www.openzine.com/aspx/Zine.aspx?IssueID=15544

-Akash Patel

No comments: