Friday, October 1, 2010

BHS Library

There are some things in this library that can really make a person want to punch holes in the wall. The main problem is the library sign in. There used to be one laptop with a form that the students had to fill out to get in. This took forever because there were many students who needed the library to use its information and resources to complete work. We now have two laptops with a simpler form. which makes it kindo of faster but not really. Another thing that makes me mad is the fact that the mac lab is closed. We have all of these brand new macs and the lab is always closed. I remember seeing a sign that said VHS class in session in front of the lab. I took VHS! I know what VHS is. It's not like a real class is happening where you see a teacher in a classroom and you take notes. You get a list of things that need to be accomplished by the end of the week and most of it is book work that takes about an hour. I took AP Computer Science in VHS so if it only takes me an hour to complete AP work, the honors students shouldnt be having any problems completing the work. After I finished my work I would treat VHS period like a study. I guarantee you that these students are done with their work by the middle of the week. There is no reason to close the mac lab for VHS, because there are students who really need those computers.

-Akash Patel

No comments: