Friday, October 8, 2010

How to get more followers and pageviews.

Getting followers and page views is something that might make a person's mind go crazy. I looked around online and everyone seemed to fall into peer pressure. A lot of answers said to write about what the people like. There has to be some people out there who likes what you like. Don't write about something that you have no interest in just to get followers. When you write about what you like, your posts will come out more interesting and more people will want to view them. Stay focused on what you like and if you really want to spread the qord, use the online tools! Put the link to your blog up on facebook, twitter, myspace or whatever you want. Word gets around quickly about everything. How do you think rumors get around? Your blog will catch the eye of somebody put there and they can help spread the word too. My rule of life is "Patience is the key." Don't get angry about anything, just give the blog some time.

-Akash Patel

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, patience is key. And we have to go back and look at the purpose of blogging. Why do we blog? What's our goal? Is it simply to acquire more comments? or the ability to express our thoughts freely and creatively in a forum that has a vast audience? I have always struggled with this question and get frustrated when I don't receive any comments on my blog that I worked really hard on, but I do feel good that I got my message out there. My advice, just write. Write with energy and passion. Find your niche and stay focused. When you do this, the comments will come. And if they don't, you are still writing and have the ability to express yourself freely.

Unknown said...

Akash,

I agree with Andy. It is funny that the posts that I am the most passionate about tend to get the most comments. Stuff that is a grind to write usually does not get a lot of feedback.

Then again, just because people aren't commenting doesn't mean that they aren't reading them.