Monday, October 25, 2010

Divergent Thinking

I think divergent thinking is extremely important. Everyone learns differently. I said this in a post earlier. Why are we all taught the same way? This video brought up something new too. it said that people in the same age group don't necessarily learn the same way. Some people learn more easily than others even if they are of the same age group. People shouldn't be forced to follow a schedule or service. They should be able to learn at a pace that suits them. I took a VHS course. I was given due dates and deadlines but they weren't fixed. I was able to pass in the work when it was completed. This made it easier for me to learn because I could take my time and learn at a steady pace. There were other students in the class that were both ahead of me or behind me. it didn't matter because by the end of the year, we all learned the same thing. It was just spaced out differently. The best part about this was that even with the differences in learning time, we were all able to learn what w needed to for the AP exam. I just think we should be able to learn at a pace thats suits us rather than a pace that everyone else learns at.

-Akash Patel

No comments: