Friday, November 12, 2010

"History of the Jetpack"

This was one of my favorite things to look at so far in this class. The jetpack has been something that has amazed me all throughout my childhood. Toy Story was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. The fact that Buzz had a jetpack made me want one. (Even though he couldn't actually fly until he got the rocket strapped to his back at the end of the first movie.) Toy story was actually listed in the "Visual history of the jetpack." It amazed me that we have been able to make a jetpack so early. Older versions of the jetpack have been modified to the modern version. This one can let a person fly for thirty mins! There are still going to be field tests on this jetpack but it is still amazing how we have the ability to fly the way we have always dreamed of. I highly recommend checking this out.

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2030642_2209302_last,00.html

-Akash Patel

No comments: