Monday, November 29, 2010

"Why Does School Have To Be So Boring?" Response

Why exactly does school have to be boring? School is just the same thing over and over again. We listen to teachers, take notes and then take a test on the material we "learn." After the test, most students forget what they learned because they feel like they're done with it. I don't think anyone is really learning. I just think they memorize things long enough to pass the class. So what does the honor roll mean? It just means a student is able to memorize well. There are students that don't make honor roll but they are able to do well in the classes that apply to their future careers. There might be a class that a student does not need in the future and that's the reason they can't make honor roll. Honor roll just means you're good at knowing what the school wants you to know. If you miss the honor roll by a few grades, you are good at what you are passionate about. If you don't make honor roll by a long shot, you aren't trying to do well in any of the classes. We need to start learning. And if we want to do this we have to follow what we're passionate about.

Why Does School Have To Be So Boring? - Link

-Akash Patel

1 comment:

Madame / SeƱora Price said...

I take courses in the summer. I'm a teacher and do not like to be in boring courses, especially when they run for 7 to 8 hours a day. My summer courses usually last a week, but they're intense. The homework is intense as well. I ABHOR boring courses. I have to be engaged, enlightened and inspired. I'm like my high school students and children at home. We cannot be bored!!!!