Tuesday, November 9, 2010

'The Objective of Education Is Learning, Not Teaching' Response

I completely agree with this article. I know that I forget a lot of things that I learned in school. Every year I have to review what I learned before in order to pass the class they I am currently in. Then there's the things that I know without even trying. Growing up, video games have been something I have been passionate about. I can answer a lot of questions about games and game consoles and I can keep a conversation going about game without even trying but when somebody tries to talk about a school subject, I have to think about the right thing to say. We should focus more on coming up with ways to teach students in a way that they will remember the material rather than throwing it at them and making them remember it for a year. This is a great article and I recommend checking it out.

Link: http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article.cfm?articleid=2032

-Akash Patel

No comments: